With 4 events going on simultaneously, we designed the finish area with very defined barriers to keep things moving smoothly, to keep the multiple events separated better as they finish at various times, and speed up the awards.
We will have volunteers directing you, plus multiple signs will be posted and the volunteers will be calling out instructions, (therefore keep your headphones off at the finish) so there should not be much issue.
The only time you will cross under the "FINISH BANNER and a clock is when you FINISH.
This is how it works:
- 5K, 8.1 Mile, & Half start down near the tennis courts,
- 30K Starts in the Boathouse lot at the actual finish line and merges into the field down Pierce Mill Road, see details on the maps page for 30K.
- All races then do the original 5K around the ice rink then come back through the Boathouse parking lot coming in past the tennis courts.
- The 5K runners will split off to the far right and go under the finish banner
- ALL other runners will go through left hand mats.
At end of 1st 5 Mile lake loop
- 8.1 Milers will split off to the far right and go under the finish banner.
- 1/2 marathoners & 30K runners will go to the left lane and continue around the lake again.
At end of the 2nd 5 Mile lake loop
At end of 3rd 5 Mile lake loop
- 1/2 Marathoners will split off to the far right and go under the finish banner
- 30K Runners will go the left lane and continue around the lake again
- All 30K runners will finish to the far right under the finish banner.