All 4 courses are completely on paved gently rolling roads and all follow the roads up and around the ice rink and then around the lake in scenic North Park. With only one significant hill located on the 5K course portion of the common course, it is a nice run for beginners to advanced runners. Historically the temperature averages in the 40's to start and finishes in the 50's. Perfect racing weather!
Follow the links below for detailed maps to see the turn by turn and elevation detail on www.mapmyrun.com. The 5K, 8.1 Mile & 1/2 Marathon all start down near the tennis courts heading towards Pierce Mill. The 30K Starts in front of the Boathouse and goes an additional 1/2 mile before merging into the other 3 races near the intersection of Pierce Mill and Walters Roads. We start the 30K a few minutes earlier than the other races to allow a smooth merge of similar paced runners.
They will be located at the following points:
(all based on 1/2 marathon; Note: tack on .5 mile for the 30K mileage points)
- Mile 1.5 behind the ice rink on Kummer Road
- Mile 3.2 on the Boathouse driveway
- Mile 4.5 on Ingomar Road
- Mile 5.6 on Lakeshore Drive in front of Stone Field
- Mile 7.2 at the water pump on Lakeshore
ENERGY GELS -
This years sponsor is GLUKOS and will be located at:
- All stops will have GLUKOS sport drink except stop #1 which will be water only.
- Mile 8.2 & 13.7 (30K) on the Boathouse driveway
- Mile 5.6, 10.6, 15.6 (30K) on Lakeshore in front of Stone Field.